Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day One

56 days to go!

I woke up and as usual I had a lot of trouble reading my iPad screen, even when magnified to its largest!  This inability to read is my main incentive. There are many others...this isn't a nice disease.

Blood sugar is 126 (7).



It's day one and I feel some excitement and some fear. Or is it the same thing? Can I manage 8 weeks on an extreme diet, loosing up to 25 kg, and to end up looking like a skeleton?

The Numbers

I weigh myself. 84.5 kg. 
At 84.5kg my BMI is 27.59. 
As reported in the trusty Daily Mail patients need to loose 1/6 of their initial weight - so my target is 14kg loss giving final weight of approximately 70kg (11 stone 3 lbs) and a BMI of 22.9

Breakfast:
I had two of the chocolate "milkshakes" - not bad at all.

Dont forget if you want to help the millions of diabetes sufferers in the UK, Europe and worldwide you can sponsor me here: https://www.sponsorme.co.uk/robmatthews/sponsored-extreme-diet.aspx

So far I have 80 GBP in sponsors! Thank you my friends.

Anyone wishing to find out more about this approach to reversing diabetes can use the following link. http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/reversal.htm



Exercise:

30 minutes scootering in the morning30 minutes scootering in the evening
Medication:

3 * 850mg Metformin
2 x ? glycoside. 

FOOD
3 shakes : 300 kcals
Home made gaspacho -200 kcalls
Roasted veg: 150kcals
seeds/nuts: 100 kcals



No comments:

Post a Comment